Blackwater is a small town in the northeastern corner of Hampshire, England in the North Wessex Downs, lying in the county's Hart District. The first recorded mention of Blackwater was in 1281, when it was known as Bredeford. It grew around the Brydrs Ford crossing across the River Blackwater. The White Hart Parade of shops and offices, to the west of Blackwater station, is named after the White Hart coaching inn that occupied the site in the late 19th century.
Find out more about the Blackwater valley and river
Map & Directions
Click to Activate