Explore historic ships, including Lord Nelson’s world famous flagship HMS Victory, Queen Victoria’s HMS Warrior 1860 and the only surviving ship from the First World War’s Gallipoli Campaign, HMS M.33. Take the complementary waterbus to Gosport and explore Cold War era submarine HMS Alliance. Visit blockbuster exhibition, 36 hours: Jutland 1916, The Battle That Won The War, to find out about the greatest naval battle ever fought. Your day out won’t be complete without an adventure-packed trip to Action Stations, where you can train like a Royal Marines Commando or try the Ninja Force assault course, an attraction based on TV’s popular Ninja Warrior series – the first of its kind in the UK. Take a Harbour Tour to cruise around Portsmouth Harbour and see the ships of the modern Royal Navy.
As well as all the maritime history you could ask for, Portsmouth Historic Dockyard also offers a wide range of catering options for when you are ready to take a break from exploring. Choose from variety including Costa Coffee, Boathouse #4, Boathouse No. 7 Restaurant and new for 2018 is the Copper Kettle café on board HMS Warrior.
Your Full Navy Ticket gives you entry for one year to:
• HMS Victory: The world’s most celebrated warship has undergone her biggest change. A major reinterpretation of her visitor route through the ship enables visitors to follow in the footsteps of Nelson, its most famous Admiral.
• HMS Warrior: The world’s first iron-hulled, armoured warship launched in 1860 and never fired a shot in anger, yet changed naval warfare forever.
• HMS M.33: Discover the only surviving ship from the First World War’s Gallipoli campaign.
• 36 hours: Jutland 1916, The Battle That Won The War: This exhibition from The National Museum of the Royal Navy reveals the story behind the greatest naval battle in history.
• The National Museum of the Royal Navy Portsmouth: Home to Britain’s only museum dedicated to the men and women of the Royal Navy spanning several hundred years.
• Action Stations: Release your inner ninja on the new Ninja Force assault course. Home to dozens of interactive adventures, including Britain’s tallest indoor climbing tower and the new Making of a Royal Marines Commando exhibition.
• Boathouse 4: A great family attraction within the Historic Dockyard, with hands-on children’s activities. There is the Forgotten Craft exhibition which pays tribute to the heroic small naval craft and crews of the past. You can also get a great birds-eye view of students practising traditional boatbuilding skills as part of the International Boatbuilding Training College Portsmouth.
• HMS Alliance at the Royal Navy Submarine Museum: Discover a world beneath the sea by walking on board HMS Alliance - it’s as if she is about to leave for sea. Take a peek through the working periscopes and see, hear and even smell how life was lived underwater.
• Explosion Museum of Naval Firepower: Take the free waterbus over to the award-winning museum – home to a unique collection that includes torpedoes, modern missiles - and even a nuclear bomb.
• Harbour Tours: A sailor’s eye view of the Historic Dockyard, and the warships of the modern Royal Navy.
• The Dockyard Apprentice Exhibition: The story of Dockyard life during the early years of the 20th Century when the great Dreadnought battleships were being constructed
Also included in the ticket is the waterbus – a complimentary boat ride from Portsmouth Historic Dockyard to the Royal Navy Submarine Museum and Explosion Museum (subject to availability and available on a first come, first served basis).
|Open New Year|
|Open (1 Jan 2018 - 31 Dec 2018)|
* April - October: 10:00 - 17:30
November - March: 10:00 - 17:00
Closed Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day
Map & Directions
Click to Activate
Road DirectionsNearest major road is M27. Onto M275 and follow brown signs to Historic Dockyard.
Public Transport DirectionsBy coach, bus, rail and by ferry from Gosport or Fastcat from the Isle of Wight. Portsmouth Harbour station the Hard interchange are 200 metres from the main entrance.
- Video 1
- Video 2