Winchester Heritage Open Days is now in its fifth year, and is offering yet another amazing FREE programme of talks, tours, exhibitions and other events for you all to enjoy. Most of these will be taking place online as there is still so much uncertainty surrounding Covid-19.
Digital events will include pre-recorded walks and talks, live streaming of lectures and performances, and specially commissioned films and audio available on our very own YouTube and podcast channels.
There will also be more than a dozen in person events in the city of Winchester, including:
- Open Days at Westgate Museum, City Museum and the Military Quarter
- King Alfred Heritage Bus & Coach Display
- 'Hidden Nature' Cultural Trail through the centre of Winchester
- Hyde Abbey dig display and tile making workshop
- Theatrical performance outside City Museum
- Winchester College Tours outside the walls and in the water meadows
- Classic and heritage car parade through the city of Winchester
- A birder's walk through the grounds of Winchester College
- Explorations in an old Churchyard
- Talk & Display on the Lost Abbey of Hyde
Every event is free, many you can just turn up to. Some do need to be booked in advance via Winchester Heritage Open Days' website.
Sorry, this event has passed
Map & Directions
Click to Activate