AboutTunford Cottage Lodge is a Scandinavian designed timber lodge offering self-catering accommodation for two people.
The Lodge is situated in the garden of our thatched cottage, offering views of open countryside. We are located on the edge of the village of Oakhanger, which is six miles from Alton and two miles from Bordon, each offering a post office, shops and supermarkets.
The Lodge has been established for over 15 years and has become an ideal and popular base for exploring local attractions such as Chawton, the one time home of Jane Austen, and Selborne, where the naturalist Gilbert White lived. In addition there are also many excellent walks in the surrounding countryside. The south coast is some 30 miles away.
The Lodge is assessed annually by Visit Britain (Quality Control) which has given us consistently high ratings for the quality of the accommodation.
The Lodge has been recently extended to provide a larger sitting area. It is comfortably furnished and offers the following facilities:
• Bed/Sitting Room with southerly views across the garden to open countryside. It contains two single beds, plus a wardrobe, as well as a sofa plus dining table and 2 chairs. There is a colour TV/DVD player, a stereo radio and CD player, plus a selection of DVDs and CDs. There is also a supply of books.
• Free WiFi is available.
• Kitchen with breakfast bar, oven, fridge and microwave. Fully supplied with cutlery and crockery for two people.
• WC, hand basin and separate shower
• Outside there is a new decking area, offering a sun-trap with garden table and 4 chairs. Ideal for that early evening drink !
• Electricity is included in the price shown and bed linen and towels are also included.
• Off-road parking
• Sorry, no pets
The Lodge has proven very popular with our visitors and many of them have returned to us several times. Our Visitors' Book contains many favourable comments about the Lodge written by our guests over the years.
At the annual inspection by Quality in Tourism, we have once again maintained our 2 star rating, which is based on the size of the accommodation on offer. The inspector's report includes the following - "... the property exceeds requirements for a 2 star rating ... standards throughout the property are once again consistently at a very high standard for which the owner is to be commended".
Our season runs from April to October and our current rates are £250.00 per week.
A deposit of 10% (minimum £30.00) is payable to secure a booking.
Please contact us on 01420 473159 or by email at email@example.com for more information and bookings.
Map & Directions
Click to Activate