John Fortin, a merchant who traded with Bordeaux, started building this house c.1290. A residence and place of business, it stood on one of the busiest streets in medieval Southampton.
It has now been restored to its mid 14th century appearence by the removal of later additions. The house stands near the medieval town wall, built to defend Southampton against seabourne attacks. Netley Abbey, Calshot Castle and Hurst Castle are all within reasonable travelling distance.
|Open (1 Apr 2021 - 30 Sept 2021)|
Map & Directions
Click to Activate