AboutThe Station Inn is an 18th century Coaching Inn, formerly known as "Eight Bells" which was built in 1790, next to the Andover to Redbridge Canal. When the Andover to Southampton railway was constructed, it changed its name to the ‘’ Railway Hotel’’ for a short period of time and since 1874 it goes by the name "Station Inn".
Even though the railway has long gone, it still holds its name. It provided the first Roman Catholic church, where Catholics of the town and district were said to have first met for their services in a large room in the yard of this Inn and this was their only church until the St.John the Baptist Church was acquired.
The Station is situated on “Trafalgar Way”, the route taken by the Naval Attaché sent to inform the townspeople of the Great Victory but untimely death of Lord Nelson at the Battle of Trafalgar. Sir Elton John reputedly stayed here in 1960 when it had 13 rooms which now total only 7, less rooms but more spacious, and all en-suite.
Since under new ownership in March 2005, the Inn has constantly gone through different improvements - all rooms are newly refurbished to give them a clean and modern feel with bedding and towels also upgraded. Each room has a mini cooler with complimentary water, tea and coffee maker and en-suite facilities. The large car park is free to residents where available.
Please note that all rooms are NO SMOKING.
Map & Directions
Click to Activate